Indiana Covered Bridges album

New York City Album Slideshow

Saturday, November 1, 2008

challenge card

For those of you reading my blog who do not know Melanis (Remi' mom) in person, let me tell you that, besides being an amazing human being, (yes, ma'am, I insist!), she is also very talented and oh so very crafty. Well, anyway, to make a long story short, she got me involved in her passion for card making, and even taught me a technique or two in the paper craft business (I need to give credit where credit is due...)
....
ok I know, this story is not getting short at all, but hey, it is worth explaining what this post is leading to.
....
Anyway, as part of getting involved in the card making thingy, I participated in my first card challenge. Mel gives us the same pieces and we have to use all of them (either a part or the entire piece) and make a card out of them. We can add anything we want, as long as we use what she gives us. Let me tell you that when I saw the pieces she gave us 2 months ago, I kinda wondered what the heck I had gotten myself in to...

But there is the result, and let me tell you that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE RESULT! :) I am even thinking about using the pattern for some of my Christmas cards this year.



To Melanis: thank you for the awesome ongoing inspiration!!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how yours came out! Awesome job!!

Sandy said...

Thanks Ellen! Yours was pretty awesome too! :)