Indiana Covered Bridges album

New York City Album Slideshow

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quotes from "Shutter Island"

"She said once that time is nothing to me but a series of bookmarks that I use to jump back and forth through the text of my life, returning again and again to the events that mark me, in the eyes of my astute colleagues, as bearing all the characteristics of the classic melancholic." (p.1)

"If time for me really is a series of bookmarks, then I feel as if someone has shaken the book and those yellowed slips of paper, torn matchbook covers and flattened coffee stirrers have fallen to the floor, and the dog-eared flaps have been pressed smooth." (p.2)

"That's the Kafkaesque genius of it all. If you;re not crazy but people have told thw world you are, then all your protests to the contrary just underscore their point." (p.269)

0 comments: