Indiana Covered Bridges album

New York City Album Slideshow

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Excerpt from "Kids pick the Funniest Poems"

Poem #3

Sock Monster

There's a thing stealing socks in our dryer, we know,
It's stealing then one by one;
It never grabs panties or stuff that won't show,
It just grabbles up socks by the ton.

I get so depressed when I start to get dressed
With that hopeless, disastrous feeling;
I'm all the time late when I can't find a mate,
Our sock pile goes up the ceiling.

On a pretty good day there's a black and a grey
And my pants meet my shoes real nice;
When everything's right there's cream and a white
And people don't even look twice.

If I ever find that sock-grabbing thing
It better prepare to be dead;
I'll stomp it to death with my stocking feet....
A yellow one. And a red one.

~Lois Simmie

0 comments: