Indiana Covered Bridges album

New York City Album Slideshow

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Heart to Heart

A friend and I had a heart to heart talk earlier this month about a couple of things in particular and life in general. As I told him, life will throw lemons in your face, no doubt about it... But in the end, you have to stand tall to catch those damn lemons and make the best lemonade EVER! But you shouldn't go through all the crap alone... There is a point when you need to not only accept help and support but also go as far as asking for it... I have learned that the past few months. It is a lesson in humility like no other. There are things that turn into walls and you can't push them back alone... You cannot be afraid or embarrassed to grab the phone and make that call for help, or to write about it online and share it with the people you know... Because who knows who is suffering out there and might need support too? My experience is helping other people, and those same people who are in pain somehow are helping me too... Let's not fool ourselves: the healing process is a never ending process and it works both ways... By helping someone I am helping myself. Sitting on those steps, talking, I did realize all this... If there is a bright side to this huge bump in my life, that's got to be it... I take comfort in thinking that I am a better person and an even more understanding human being because of the things I had to deal with, because I CHOSE to be a better person. It is all about attitude, positive attitude. And that's it.

0 comments: