Indiana Covered Bridges album

New York City Album Slideshow

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scrapbooking Expo!

Wow, yesterday was an amazing day!!!! I was lucky enough to be able to attend a Scrapbooking Expo in St Charles, IL, near Chicago. It was by far the most awesome experience in my scrapbooking life. I mean, you can shop till you drop and see TONS of scrapbooking related stuff... a pleasure for the eye and the creativity. I went there along with Melanis and Ellen. And let me tell you, we had a blast together. We also had Edwina with us, the little GPS system girl, and she didn’t do that great of a job on the way back. I mean, I love the Chicago skyline and everything, but that wasn’t the way we had intended to take to get back home. Oh well... For lunch the girls introduced me to the little pleasures of Sweet Tomatoes (to be pronounced Edwina style!)... Ahhh... Loved it!!!! I am trying to squeeze in the “church” inside joke, but for fear of burning in hell (yeah, I know, I should have thought about that sooner...) I will just say this: “Amen.” And there it is! THEY will understand. So all things considered, it was a fantastic day. I did buy a few things, but I must say that in the end we were quite reasonable in our spending... We could have done WAY more damage to our wallets than what we did. We know have a lot of scrapbook “work” ahead of us. We are already talking about other Scrapbook Expo. If anyone knows of any and when and when they take place, please let me know by leaving a comment. I had to include pictures of the Chicago skyline which, against our original planning, we were able to see on our way home. Thanks Edwina!






Us three on the way back from the Expo!


This is Edwina!

CHICAGO SKYLINE:

(Yes, I am aware that most of you in the U.S. know the Chicago skyline, but let's think about the non-U.S. residents amonst my friends and family who maybe, just maybe, one day will take a look at my blog...)

0 comments: