Indiana Covered Bridges album

New York City Album Slideshow

Monday, September 7, 2009

The man in the mirror

"I believe we all live in a world of fear, because deep inside we all want something better or something more loving. And we're so afraid of not getting it. I know that because I've felt fear all my life. But today, I'm the man in the mirror. I look at myself and I make the change. I make a choice. And I choose that I will no longer give in to fear. I will fight these charges. I will not settle. I will not give money to my accusers. I will take a stand and I will not be afraid. Because I realize that I'm not alone. I realize that you are with me and you have shown me again and again that in the end love is more powerful than fear. So today I choose love. And I choose to believe in myself the way that you believe in me. So I say thank you. I love you. God bless you."

This is the last piece of dialogue taken out of the Movie "The Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson story." Again, let me say that I was not what you;d call a fan of MJ., nor am I trying to defend him. I am supporter of human decency though, and I believe respect is the key to everything ("the "golden rule," right?). I personally thought the movie really wasn't that great and did not do justice to MJ. However, I believe the ending, though fictional, was the best part. Michael believed in himself enough to fight the charges against him , believed in himself enough to live his life and to love children regardless of what others thought. I salute him for that, regardless of how strange and sometimes twisted it looked to us. He fought for and stood by his beliefs... May we all have the strength and courage and bravery to do it too! I am not saying he was perfect, far from it, but then again, nobody is. I do think that we should all look at ourselves first before worrying about what such and such is doing. That's the "I do not judge" part of me coming to life. Call me too open minded or too tolerant if you'd like. Go ahead and judge me for it, you wouldn't be the first to do so. I'm so glad he has finally been put to rest. Maybe now we'll leave him alone. May he rest in peace.

0 comments: